6.07.2011

Chalk Paint

I have so many things to blog about, but this is something that I am loving.


With the amount of furniture Ive begun to paint and my new-found love for upcycling and re-doing pieces, Ive determined that being able to paint everything ourselves is much more cost effective, faster and also, fun. I absolutely love painting old pieces and am really enjoying doing these projects.


I find it relaxing and a great way to escape the everyday :)


So in re-doing these pieces, Ive started to wonder if there was an easier way to paint, rather than constantly doing multiple coats of primer, then painting, then antiquing, and trying to seal it all with something.


Ive discovered my solution. Chalk paint. Ive noticed many of my favorite bloggers using it, but I never understood why it was so great or when you would use it.


I recently painted a piece of furniture I will be featuring soon, and I just felt that it really needed something more. I couldn't figure out what, but whenever I noticed a lot of pieces others were finishing, they always had this "pizzaz" to them. Its all in the chalk paint!




Chalk paint allows you the ability to paint over ANYTHING without using a primer, allows for easy sanding (antiquing) and leaves a beautiful smooth finish that doesn't require a paint sprayer.

I haven't figured out many places where you can buy this paint yet, but once place is "Classic Wall Finishes" in NJ. Thankfully they ship to Canada.

The paint was developed by Annie Sloan in England and has become popular around the world. You can check out Annie's tips on how to use the paint here.



I haven't used the paint yet, but have ordered a can of old white to test it out. Once I use it, I'll post my results :)

For now, lets leave the qustions to the experts. "Perfectly Imperfect" answers any and all of your FAQ's on Chalk paint here.

For now, I'll leave you with some photos of some of the pieces "Perfectly Imperfect" has created using this paint. LOVE.






Thanks again to all my blogger inspirations out there for introducing me to this paint! I can't wait to try it!

Super excited for this giveaway of the Chalk Paint! Check it out HERE!! At: http://robynstorydesigns.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the super sweet feature, Melissa! You'll love the chalk paint...let me know how it goes!
    :-)
    shaunna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for allowing me to feature you! I cant wait to try the chalk paint...just need to find someone in Canada who sells it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,

    I just found your great blog via Better After. While checking out your posts, I noticed this one about ASCP..........so strange as I am about to become a retailer of this awesome paint,right here in Canada. I'm actually located in Ottawa. Let me know if ya wanna jump on my wait list..........we should have a shipment arriving soon.........just gotta get thru some customs issues. PS: LOVE your office!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janis! Thanks so much for checking out my blog! I would LOVE to be on your wait list- I feel I might have emailed you about that already? Please let me know when it is available, so I will definitely be buying some!
    you can contact me at livingbeautifully1@gmail.com.
    Thanks so much and so glad you like the office :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janis. I've been reading about chalk paint and would love to try some. I'm in Ottawa. How do I go about getting it from you?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment :) We read them all, and truly appreciate the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...