8.25.2011

Ugly Duckling Chair...again...

Do you guys remember this post about my  "ugly duckling chair", I blogged about a while back? Ok so, about that chair....its been sitting in my basement...waiting. Waiting for me to finish it. The deal? Im sooo hoping the other 200+ staples will remove themselves and I wont have to do that again :(
The likelyhood of that? 0%.

We've been running around like crazy people with projects all over the place (currently, we are still in the depths of our backyard jungle make-over) and the chair took a back-seat (no pun intended) in terms of proiority projects.

However, last night our town was under a strong tornado warning, and of course I convinced Ian that going down to the basement was absolutely necessary. Nevermind the fact that I actually packed up water, food, clothes, shoes, and other supplies...just in CASE a tornado actually hit. Ian thought I was crazy...until he brought his toothbrush and a pair of underwear over to me and asked me to pack it too :) For those of you still thinking Im crazy, a tornado did actually hit a town about 2 hours away from us on Sunday, without warning, and caused devastating damage.)

Anyho, while we sat in our basement (quite comfortably actually since we were so prepared-lol), I saw the chair out of the corner of my eye. Sitting there. Waiting to be finished.

I swore that if we survived the tornado, I would finish it. So here I am people....planning on working on that chair this weekend.

Here's what my chair looks like again:




I do have some inspiration that Ive been using to motivate me:

Here's one re-done by Oh Brooke:




Amazing job, and the chair frame looks quite similar to mine. Im still debating on whether or not I should paint the frame white...but this project convinces me! You can read all about how she did it here.

Mandi at Vintage Revivals has done an incredible job with this cane back chair. I love her blog and she is such a big inspiration to me in so many ways. The room she put this chair in, is incredible too! Here's the chair:



and to see the rest of the room click here. Amazeballs.

Some other inspiration:










Have you ever re-done a chair like this? If so, what was your inspiration?

:)




Linking up to:







1 comment:

  1. I have an almost identical chair that I just bought to use as my office chair. It's in fantastic condition and the wood is gorgeous but I really want to paint it anyway. The upholstery is in great shape too, but it's a ghastly shade of pink...and it's velvet. Who does that? Anyway, I'm trying to pick fabric for it right now. I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment :) We read them all, and truly appreciate the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...