Fall brings many things...back to school, craziness at work (for some...including me!), colder weather, leaving changing on the trees, and a very exciting event....The Christie Antique Show!
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the fair, its held twice a year, and is one of the best Antique Fairs around. We planned to go to the spring fair (last May), but didn't get a chance to make it. I was PROMISED we could go check out the fair this fall, but unfortunately we aren't going to make it...again :( Next year, expect me there with bells on.
For those of you able to go, I would definitely check it out! Its held this weekend on September 10th, from 8:00am- 5:00pm rain or shine. Its known as Canada's best antique show, so be prepared for lots of people and tons of amazing finds! For directions to the show and information check out their website.
Here a glimpse of some treasures the fair has brought in the past:
A few things you'll want to remember before heading out to the fair:
- Go EARLY! You'll want to be there early to scope out what you are looking for, and get the best picks.
- Have an idea of what you are looking for, so that you aren't overwhelmed by what is there and loose sight of your objectives for going
- Bring CASH and lots of it!
- Have a map of the fair and keep track of where you see things you might want to purchase
- Go to the back of the fair first and work your way forward- less crowds (something my parents taught me when we used to visit Disneyworld during March Break-lol!)
- Be prepared to negotiate, but you might get the best deals near the end of the fair, however....
- If you see something you love, buy it. You might miss out on a great piece!
Although Im not able to go, I'll be checking out some things closer to home this weekend, so I'll keep you posted next week on my findings! Please post if you go to the fair and find anything! I'd love to see what you are able to pick up at the fair :)