9.15.2011

Hidden Gem

So a few weeks ago, we went to a local spot I have been wanting to go to for quite some time. A very close friend of mine, told me about a place her and her mom frequent for unusual finds, and of course I had to go check it out (thanks LC!! xo)

For those of you who live near me, you may have heard of a place called Timeless Materials. If you have not gone to check it out, you dont know what you are missing!

I wasn't sure what to expect when we went in, but I swore my eyes were moving so fast my brain couldn't process it all...I had hundreds of ideas crossing through my mind every second. This place is a treasure hunters dream!

I have to warn you, you need to think outside the box. You aren't going to find pretty done-up pieces in here, but you will find tons of ideas.

Timeless Materials is located in a 1840's 3-story restored barn in Ontario Canada. Along with their sister company Kieswetter Demolition they salvage building materials, furniture and architectural items and repurpose them.  

Here's just a peak at some of the treasures we found...





















Aren't those staicases amazing?! Been looking for an antique firehall bell?! Look no further!

The day that we went to check them out, there was a huge thunder storm and it was so unreal to be on the top floor of this 3-story barn hearing the rain thundering down on the rooftop. Very cool.

We had tons of ideas running through our heads when we left, but the one we both had in common was a reclaimed wood fireplace mantle. We'll be back!

Have any of you had the opportunity to visit Timeless Materials? If so, what was your favorite "find"? :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, those corbels...I die! What a cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That serpentine staircase - oh my! I have that same chandy in a smaller, three-layer model in my foyer. Wish we had a place like this here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live about 20 minutes away from it! It's a great place to waste a few hours. I've been there a few times, and I'm always amazed at the stunning objects. I haven't bought anything *yet*... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for writing this great post on our company. We really appreciate that and will share it with our Facebook page friends and twitter followers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This place looks like it's totally worth a road trip from Bobcaygeon. My brother has a very similar scale that takes pennies. Salvaged it from an old bar. I've tried to buy it from him, but he's too smart to give it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment :) We read them all, and truly appreciate the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...