3.14.2012

Side Tables

Our Master Ensuite is almost complete, but we had been looking for a few things to finish it up. The hardest thing to find? Side tables/nightstands. Ugh.

We'd been looking for months. First we purchased these dressers from Ikea that fit our budget, but not our space...


We spent an evening spread out in our family room- pieces everywhere, putting them together. We lugged them upstairs, put them in the space and didn't like them. Bah. I think we've all been there...thinking our room is going to look just like the Ikea catalogue and then putting it into your space and realising its not going to work. Womp womp.

So we took another trip to Ikea and purchased 2 other smaller tables, that we planned on making over, and that turned into a bit of a nightmare- I deleted the pictures of that project as its an instance I dont want to remember! lol!

Ian finally found one at Urban Barn that we absolutely loved, but could not afford:



So that option was out...unless it went miraciously on sale for like 80% off. Fingers crossed! Ok so while we wait years until that happens, we had to keep looking.

We found a few items on Kijiji....none of which were the right size. So I kind of gave up for a while. Figured something would eventually come along- right price and size.

So one day my mom and I were at Homesense and I literally had an "aha" moment...like when a bright light shone over a piece of furniture literally saying: "HELLO...I'm right here".  We were actually sitting on a bench feeling defeated when I started to look a little differently at the 2 small cabinets right in front of me. The sizes were perfect. They weren't the right colour, and the hardware wasn't what we wanted but those were easy fixes. They were also a great deal. Sold.

I tried to lug them both out of the store, until my mom told me I was ridiculous and that she'd find a sales associate with a cart. Fine. I sat there right in front of them. A woman walked by and stopped to look at them. I felt like a mama bear protecting her young. Touch these tables and get ready for a fight lady!

Anyways, we escaped the store with both cabinets that I crammed into my car despite my mom's reluctance:

"Melissa, those will NOT fit"
"Mom, yes they will- do you know how many random Kijiji things Ive stuffed into my car before?
"They're not going to fit."
"Yes they are. Watch me. AND I'll get your luggage and massive picture in there too."
(SIGH)- mom

(10 minutes later...)

"HA- told you they would fit!" (HUGE happy face- ME), as I drove away not able to see out my back window...

Anyways, we got them home and put them in the space. PERFECT! Wooo hooo!!!

We haven't had them painted yet, but Ive switched up the hardware on them. Here was the before:


and here's how they look after switching up the hardware:



(please ignore my ugly alarm clock that Ive had since the age of 7 that might or might not still have disney stickers on it...I know I need a new one...)

Anyways, back to more important decor choices...what colour should I paint the tables? Right now, we are thinking white (as our headboard is going to be darker or patterned), but we might be open to colour choices too?

Any thoughts? What colour would you paint them?!



6 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Homesense? :) You found such a lovely (and fun and practical) dresser! I'm so bad at choosing colours... my default is always white. hah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE HomeSense...how can you not buy something in there? lol! Melissa :)

      Delete
  2. It was worth the wait! No doubt you had the great pick - price and size. And oh, it looked even better after you changed the door handles. Good job! :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over to your blog from YHL and fell into your blog for the last half hour. I just had to post that currently on my dresser is an alarm clock that must be from when I was about 7 too. For some reason I can't seem to get a new one. Your style is great and I have book marked you to see how your beautiful space evolves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva! Thank you so much- that is so sweet of you! I know, seriously, I need a new alarm clock too...lol! We're going to be changing stuff around on the blog to make it even better so watch for some great changes :) Melissa

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment :) We read them all, and truly appreciate the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...